What is an e-learning platform or LMS?
An e-learning platform or LMS is a technological tool that allows to provide training without the need for teachers and learners to be in the same place at the same time. The e-learning platform can be used to provide online as well as blended training as support of the traditional face-to-face model.
The advantages of choosing the best e-learning platform to provide online or blended training are many due to the virtues of the online training model itself, which differentiate it from the face-to-face model.
That explains the ongoing use of e-learning and online training platforms for companies and training centers.
Among the characteristics of e-learning platforms, there are a number of basic actions that stand out:
- Content creation: you can create the content of your courses and use content already developed in different formats.
- Enrollment: Register and allow access to certain contents to learners.
- Communication: Various tools that will allow you to communicate with the learner, both synchronously and asynchronously. It also allows learners to communicate with each other.
- Evaluation: The LMS platform must have mechanisms that allow you to evaluate the learners to check if they have acquired the knowledge that is intented to convey.
- Follow-up: A good e-learning platform will allow you to keep track of those learners who show difficulties in their training process. In this sense, new technologies such as machine learning can help detect learners who need support at an early stage.
- Analysis: Generate all kinds of reports and statistics of the training and groups of learners that you have in your LMS. Important to improve and detect problems in your training process.